Yes, stand is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 6 points in Scrabble, and 7 points in Words with Friends
Stand is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
24 definitions of the word 'stand'.
- Be standing; be upright
- Be in some specified state or condition
- Occupy a place or location, also metaphorically
- Hold one's ground; maintain a position; be steadfast or upright
- Put up with something or somebody unpleasant
- Have or maintain a position or stand on an issue
- Remain inactive or immobile
- Be in effect; be or remain in force
- Be tall; have a height of; copula
- Put into an upright position
- Withstand the force of something
- Be available for stud services
- A support or foundation
- The position where a thing or person stands
- A growth of similar plants (usually trees) in a particular area
- A small table for holding articles of various kinds
- A support for displaying various articles
- An interruption of normal activity
- A mental position from which things are viewed
- A booth where articles are displayed for sale
- A stop made by a touring musical or theatrical group to give a performance
- Tiered seats consisting of a structure (often made of wood) where people can sit to watch an event (game or parade)
- A platform where a (brass) band can play in the open air
- A defensive effort
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in stand?
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to stand:
There are 5 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'stand'.