Is gray a Scrabble word?
Yes, gray is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 8 points in Scrabble, and 8 points in Words with Friends
Gray is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
15 definitions of the word gray.
- Make grey
- Turn grey
- Of an achromatic color of any lightness intermediate between the extremes of white and black
- Showing characteristics of age, especially having grey or white hair
- Used to signify the Confederate forces in the American Civil War (who wore grey uniforms)
- Intermediate in character or position
- A neutral achromatic color midway between white and black
- Clothing that is a grey color
- Any organization or party whose uniforms or badges are grey
- Horse of a light gray or whitish color
- The SI unit of energy absorbed from ionizing radiation; equal to the absorption of one joule of radiation energy by one kilogram of matter; one gray equals 100 rad
- English radiobiologist in whose honor the gray (the SI unit of energy for the absorbed dose of radiation) was named (1905-1965)
- English poet best known for his elegy written in a country churchyard (1716-1771)
- American navigator who twice circumnavigated the globe and who discovered the Columbia River (1755-1806)
- United States botanist who specialized in North American flora and who was an early supporter of Darwin's theories of evolution (1810-1888)
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in gray?
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to gray:
There are 7 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'gray'.