Is scales a Scrabble word?
Yes, scales is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 8 points in Scrabble, and 10 points in Words with Friends
Scales is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
18 definitions of the word scales.
- Measure by or as if by a scale
- Pattern, make, regulate, set, measure, or estimate according to some rate or standard
- Take by attacking with scaling ladders
- Reach the highest point of
- Climb up by means of a ladder
- Remove the scales from
- Measure with or as if with scales
- Size or measure according to a scale
- An ordered reference standard
- Relative magnitude
- The ratio between the size of something and a representation of it
- A specialized leaf or bract that protects a bud or catkin
- A thin flake of dead epidermis shed from the surface of the skin
- (music) a series of notes differing in pitch according to a specific scheme (usually within an octave)
- A measuring instrument for weighing; shows amount of mass
- An indicator having a graduated sequence of marks
- A metal sheathing of uniform thickness (such as the shield attached to an artillery piece to protect the gunners)
- A flattened rigid plate forming part of the body covering of many animals
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in scales?
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to scales:
There are 10 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'scales'.