Is root a Scrabble word?
Yes, root is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 4 points in Scrabble, and 4 points in Words with Friends
Root is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
14 definitions of the word root.
- Take root and begin to grow
- Come into existence, originate
- Plant by the roots
- Dig with the snout
- Become settled or established and stable in one's residence or life style
- Cause to take roots
- (botany) the usually underground organ that lacks buds or leaves or nodes; absorbs water and mineral salts; usually it anchors the plant to the ground
- The place where something begins, where it springs into being
- (linguistics) the form of a word after all affixes are removed
- A number that, when multiplied by itself some number of times, equals a given number
- The set of values that give a true statement when substituted into an equation
- Someone from whom you are descended (but usually more remote than a grandparent)
- A simple form inferred as the common basis from which related words in several languages can be derived by linguistic processes
- The part of a tooth that is embedded in the jaw and serves as support
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in root?
2 Anagrams of Root
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to root:
There are 9 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'root'.