Want to beat your Scrabble friends no matter where you are?WordSolver Android App!
17 Definitions of Exchange
The definition of exchange, the meaning of the word Exchange:
Is exchange a scrabble word? Yes!
- n. - Chemical process in which one atom or ion or group changes places with another
- n. - A mutual expression of views (especially an unpleasant one)
- n. - The act of changing one thing for another thing
- n. - The act of giving something in return for something received
- n. - A workplace that serves as a telecommunications facility where lines from telephones can be connected together to permit communication
- n. - A workplace for buying and selling; open only to members
- n. - (sports) an unbroken sequence of several successive strokes
- n. - Reciprocal transfer of equivalent sums of money (especially the currencies of different countries)
- n. - The act of putting one thing or person in the place of another: "he sent Smith in for Jones but the substitution came too late to help"
- n. - (chess) gaining (or losing) a rook in return for a knight or bishop
- n. - (chess) the capture by both players (usually on consecutive moves) of pieces of equal value
- v. - Give to, and receive from, one another
- v. - Exchange or replace with another, usually of the same kind or category
- v. - Change over, change around, as to a new order or sequence
- v. - Hand over one and receive another, approximately equivalent
- v. - Put in the place of another; switch seemingly equivalent items
- v. - Exchange a penalty for a less severe one
Exchange is worth 21 points in Scrabble, and 23 points in Words with Friends
There are 8 letters in exchange: A C E E G H N X
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to exchange:
55 words found using the letters in "Exchange"
6 Letter Words
5 Letter Words
4 Letter Words
3 Letter Words
2 Letter Words