Yes, choking is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 17 points in Scrabble, and 19 points in Words with Friends
Choking is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
16 definitions of the word 'choking'.
- Breathe with great difficulty, as when experiencing a strong emotion
- Be too tight; rub or press
- Wring the neck of
- Constrict (someone's) throat and keep from breathing
- Struggle for breath; have insufficient oxygen intake
- Fail to perform adequately due to tension or agitation
- Check or slow down the action or effect of
- Become or cause to become obstructed
- Impair the respiration of or obstruct the air passage of
- Become stultified, suppressed, or stifled
- Suppress the development, creativity, or imagination of
- Pass from physical life and lose all bodily attributes and functions necessary to sustain life
- Reduce the air supply
- Cause to retch or choke
- A condition caused by blocking the airways to the lungs (as with food or swelling of the larynx)
- The act of suffocating (someone) by constricting the windpipe
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in choking?
1 Anagram of Choking
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to choking:
There are 3 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'choking'.