Is well a Scrabble word?
Yes, well is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 7 points in Scrabble, and 9 points in Words with Friends
Well is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
Dictionary definitions of the word well
The meaning of well
22 definitions of the word well.
- (often used as a combining form) in a good or proper or satisfactory manner or to a high standard (`good' is a nonstandard dialectal variant for `well')
- Thoroughly or completely; fully; often used as a combining form
- Indicating high probability; in all likelihood
- (used for emphasis or as an intensifier) entirely or fully
- To a suitable or appropriate extent or degree
- Favorably; with approval
- To a great extent or degree
- With great or especially intimate knowledge
- With prudence or propriety
- With skill or in a pleasing manner
- In a manner affording benefit or advantage
- In financial comfort
- Without unusual distress or resentment; with good humor
- Come up, as of a liquid
- In good health especially after having suffered illness or injury; at least I feel well"
- Resulting favorably
- Wise or advantageous and hence advisable
- A deep hole or shaft dug or drilled to obtain water or oil or gas or brine
- A cavity or vessel used to contain liquid
- An abundant source
- An open shaft through the floors of a building (as for a stairway)
- An enclosed compartment in a ship or plane for holding something as e.g. fish or a plane's landing gear or for protecting something as e.g. a ship's pumps
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in well?
3 Letter Words
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to well:
Unscramble the letters in well
There are 3 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'well'.