Is mate a Scrabble word?
Yes, mate is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 6 points in Scrabble, and 7 points in Words with Friends
Mate is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
Dictionary definitions of the word mate
The meaning of mate
13 definitions of the word mate.
- Engage in sexual intercourse
- Bring two objects, ideas, or people together
- Place an opponent's king under an attack from which it cannot escape and thus ending the game
- The officer below the master on a commercial ship
- A fellow member of a team
- The partner of an animal (especially a sexual partner)
- A person's partner in marriage
- An exact duplicate
- One of a pair
- South American holly; leaves used in making a drink like tea
- Informal term for a friend of the same sex
- South American tea-like drink made from leaves of a South American holly called mate
- A chess move constituting an inescapable and indefensible attack on the opponent's king
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in mate?
4 Anagrams of Mate
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to mate:
Unscramble the letters in mate
There are 7 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'mate'.