Is hook a Scrabble word?
Yes, hook is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 11 points in Scrabble, and 10 points in Words with Friends
Hook is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
20 definitions of the word hook.
- Fasten with a hook
- Rip off; ask an unreasonable price
- Make a piece of needlework by interlocking and looping thread with a hooked needle
- Hit a ball and put a spin on it so that it travels to the left
- Take by theft
- Make off with belongings of others
- Hit with a hook
- Catch with a hook
- To cause (someone or oneself) to become dependent (on something, especially a narcotic drug)
- Secure with the foot
- Entice and trap
- Approach with an offer of sexual favors
- A catch for locking a door
- A sharp curve or crook; a shape resembling a hook
- Anything that serves as an enticement
- A mechanical device that is curved or bent to suspend or hold or pull something
- A curved or bent implement for suspending or pulling something
- A golf shot that curves to the left for a right-handed golfer
- A short swinging punch delivered from the side with the elbow bent
- A basketball shot made over the head with the hand that is farther from the basket
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in hook?
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to hook:
There are 4 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'hook'.