Want to beat your Scrabble friends no matter where you are?WordSolver Android App!
11 Definitions of Bell
The definition of bell, the meaning of the word Bell:
Is bell a scrabble word? Yes!
- n. - A hollow device made of metal that makes a ringing sound when struck
- n. - A push button at an outer door that gives a ringing or buzzing signal when pushed
- n. - The sound of a bell being struck
- n. - (nautical) each of the eight half-hour units of nautical time signaled by strokes of a ship's bell; eight bells signals 4:00, 8:00, or 12:00 o'clock, either a.m. or p.m.
- n. - The shape of a bell
- n. - A phonetician and father of Alexander Graham Bell (1819-1905)
- n. - English painter; sister of Virginia Woolf; prominent member of the Bloomsbury Group (1879-1961)
- n. - United States inventor (born in Scotland) of the telephone (1847-1922)
- n. - A percussion instrument consisting of a set of tuned bells that are struck with a hammer; used as an orchestral instrument
- n. - The flared opening of a tubular device
- v. - Attach a bell to
Bell is worth 6 points in Scrabble, and 9 points in Words with Friends
There are 4 letters in bell: B E L L
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to bell:
4 words found using the letters in "Bell"
3 Letter Words
2 Letter Words