Is bar a Scrabble word?
Yes, bar is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 5 points in Scrabble, and 6 points in Words with Friends
Bar is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
19 definitions of the word bar.
- Prevent from entering; keep out
- Render unsuitable for passage
- Expel, as if by official decree
- Secure with, or as if with, bars
- A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter
- A counter where you can obtain food or drink
- A rigid piece of metal or wood; usually used as a fastening or obstruction or weapon
- Musical notation for a repeating pattern of musical beats
- An obstruction (usually metal) placed at the top of a goal
- The act of preventing
- (meteorology) a unit of pressure equal to a million dynes per square centimeter
- A submerged (or partly submerged) ridge in a river or along a shore
- The body of individuals qualified to practice law in a particular jurisdiction
- A narrow marking of a different color or texture from the background
- A block of solid substance (such as soap or wax)
- A portable .30 caliber automatic rifle operated by gas pressure and fed by cartridges from a magazine; used by United States troops in World War I and in World War II and in the Korean War
- A horizontal rod that serves as a support for gymnasts as they perform exercises
- A heating element in an electric fire
- (law) a railing that encloses the part of the courtroom where the judges and lawyers sit and the case is tried
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in bar?
2 Anagrams of Bar
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to bar:
There are 16 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'bar'.