Want to beat your Scrabble friends no matter where you are?WordSolver Android App!
8 Definitions of Gothic
The definition of gothic, the meaning of the word Gothic:
Is gothic a scrabble word? Yes!
- n. - Extinct East Germanic language of the ancient Goths; the only surviving record being fragments of a 4th-century translation of the Bible by Bishop Ulfilas
- n. - A heavy typeface in use from 15th to 18th centuries
- n. - A style of architecture developed in northern France that spread throughout Europe between the 12th and 16th centuries; characterized by slender vertical piers and counterbalancing buttresses and by vaulting and pointed arches
- adj. - Characteristic of the style of type commonly used for printing German
- adj. - Of or relating to the language of the ancient Goths
- adj. - Of or relating to the Goths
- adj. - As if belonging to the Middle Ages; old-fashioned and unenlightened
- adj. - Characterized by gloom and mystery and the grotesque
Gothic is worth 12 points in Scrabble, and 13 points in Words with Friends
There are 6 letters in gothic: C G H I O T
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to gothic:
28 words found using the letters in "Gothic"
4 Letter Words
3 Letter Words
2 Letter Words