Is fires a Scrabble word?
Yes, fires is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 8 points in Scrabble, and 8 points in Words with Friends
Fires is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
Dictionary definitions of the word fires
The meaning of fires
18 definitions of the word fires.
- Start firing a weapon
- Cause to go off
- Bake in a kiln so as to harden
- Terminate the employment of; discharge from an office or position
- Go off or discharge
- Drive out or away by or as if by fire
- Call forth (emotions, feelings, and responses)
- Destroy by fire
- Provide with fuel
- The event of something burning (often destructive)
- The act of firing weapons or artillery at an enemy
- The process of combustion of inflammable materials producing heat and light and (often) smoke
- A fireplace in which a relatively small fire is burning
- Once thought to be one of four elements composing the universe (Empedocles)
- Feelings of great warmth and intensity
- Fuel that is burning and is used as a means for cooking
- A severe trial
- Intense adverse criticism
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in fires?
4 Anagrams of Fires
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to fires:
Unscramble the letters in fires
There are 17 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'fires'.