Is dead a Scrabble word?
Yes, dead is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 6 points in Scrabble, and 6 points in Words with Friends
Dead is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
21 definitions of the word dead.
- Quickly and without warning
- Completely and without qualification; used informally as intensifiers
- No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life
- Not showing characteristics of life especially the capacity to sustain life; no longer exerting force or having energy or heat
- Very tired
- Unerringly accurate
- Physically inactive
- (followed by `to') not showing human feeling or sensitivity; unresponsive
- Devoid of physical sensation; numb
- Lacking acoustic resonance
- Not yielding a return
- Not circulating or flowing
- Not surviving in active use
- Lacking resilience or bounce
- Out of use or operation because of a fault or breakdown
- No longer having force or relevance
- Drained of electric charge; discharged
- Devoid of activity; nothing ever happens here"
- People who are no longer living
- A time when coldness (or some other quality associated with death) is intense
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in dead?
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to dead:
There are 11 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'dead'.