Is held a Scrabble word?
Yes, held is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 8 points in Scrabble, and 8 points in Words with Friends
Held is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
Dictionary definitions of the word held
The meaning of held
37 definitions of the word held.
- Occupied or in the control of; often used in combination
- Keep in a certain state, position, or activity; e.g., "keep clean"
- Have or hold in one's hands or grip
- Organize or be responsible for
- Have or possess, either in a concrete or an abstract sense
- Keep in mind or convey as a conviction or view
- Maintain (a theory, thoughts, or feelings)
- To close within bounds, limit or hold back from movement
- Secure and keep for possible future use or application
- Have rightfully; of rights, titles, and offices
- Be the physical support of; carry the weight of
- Contain or hold; have within
- Have room for; hold without crowding
- Remain in a certain state, position, or condition
- Support or hold in a certain manner
- Be valid, applicable, or true
- Assert or affirm
- Have as a major characteristic
- Be capable of holding or containing
- Arrange for and reserve (something for someone else) in advance
- Protect against a challenge or attack
- Bind by an obligation; cause to be indebted
- Hold the attention of
- Remain committed to
- Resist or confront with resistance
- Be pertinent or relevant or applicable
- Stop dealing with
- Lessen the intensity of; temper; hold in restraint; hold or keep within limits
- Keep from departing
- Take and maintain control over, often by violent means
- Cause to stop
- Cover as for protection against noise or smell
- Drink alcohol without showing ill effects
- Aim, point, or direct
- Declare to be
- Be in accord; be in agreement
- Keep from exhaling or expelling
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in held?
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to held:
Unscramble the letters in held
There are 2 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'held'.