Is covering a Scrabble word?
Yes, covering is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 14 points in Scrabble, and 18 points in Words with Friends
Covering is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
31 definitions of the word covering.
- Provide with a covering or cause to be covered
- Form a cover over
- Span an interval of distance, space or time
- Provide for
- Act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression
- Include in scope; include as part of something broader; have as one's sphere or territory
- Travel across or pass over
- Be responsible for reporting the details of, as in journalism
- Hold within range of an aimed firearm
- To take an action to protect against future problems
- Hide from view or knowledge
- Protect or defend (a position in a game)
- Maintain a check on; especially by patrolling
- Protect by insurance
- Make up for shortcomings or a feeling of inferiority by exaggerating good qualities
- Invest with a large or excessive amount of something
- Help out by taking someone's place and temporarily assuming his responsibilities
- Be sufficient to meet, defray, or offset the charge or cost of
- Spread over a surface to conceal or protect
- Cover as if with a shroud
- Copulate with a female, used especially of horses
- Put something on top of something else
- Play a higher card than the one previously played
- Be responsible for guarding an opponent in a game
- Sit on (eggs)
- Clothe, as if for protection from the elements
- A natural object that covers or envelops
- An artifact that covers something else (usually to protect or shelter or conceal it)
- The act of concealing the existence of something by obstructing the view of it
- The act of protecting something by covering it
- The work of applying something;
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in covering?
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to covering:
There are 3 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'covering'.