Want to beat your Scrabble friends no matter where you are?WordSolver Android App!
11 Definitions of Capture
The definition of capture, the meaning of the word Capture:
Is capture a scrabble word? Yes!
- n. - The act of forcibly dispossessing an owner of property
- n. - A process whereby a star or planet holds an object in its gravitational field
- n. - Any process in which an atomic or nuclear system acquires an additional particle
- n. - The act of taking of a person by force
- n. - The removal of an opponent's piece from the chess board
- v. - Succeed in representing or expressing something intangible
- v. - Attract; cause to be enamored
- v. - Succeed in catching or seizing, especially after a chase
- v. - Bring about the capture of an elementary particle or celestial body and causing it enter a new orbit
- v. - Take possession of by force, as after an invasion
- v. - Capture as if by hunting, snaring, or trapping
Capture is worth 11 points in Scrabble, and 14 points in Words with Friends
There are 7 letters in capture: A C E P R T U
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to capture:
137 words found using the letters in "Capture"
6 Letter Words
5 Letter Words
4 Letter Words
3 Letter Words
2 Letter Words