Yes, active is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 11 points in Scrabble, and 13 points in Words with Friends
Active is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
17 definitions of the word 'active'.
- Tending to become more severe or wider in scope
- Engaged in or ready for military or naval operations
- Disposed to take action or effectuate change
- Taking part in an activity
- Characterized by energetic activity
- Exerting influence or producing a change or effect
- Full of activity or engaged in continuous activity
- In operation
- (of the sun) characterized by an increased occurrence of sunspots and flares and radio emissions
- Expressing that the subject of the sentence has the semantic function of actor: "Hemingway favors active constructions"
- (used of verbs (e.g. `to run') and participial adjectives (e.g. `running' in `running water')) expressing action rather than a state of being
- (of e.g. volcanos) capable of erupting
- (of e.g. volcanos) erupting or liable to erupt
- Engaged in full-time work
- Chemical agent capable of activity
- The voice used to indicate that the grammatical subject of the verb is performing the action or causing the happening denoted by the verb
- A person who is a participating member of an organization
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in active?
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to active:
There are 4 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'active'.