Is open a Scrabble word?
Yes, open is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 6 points in Scrabble, and 8 points in Words with Friends
Open is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
36 definitions of the word open.
- Cause to open or to become open
- Start to operate or function or cause to start operating or functioning
- Become open
- Begin or set in action, of meetings, speeches, recitals, etc.
- Spread out or open from a closed or folded state
- Make available
- Become available
- Have an opening or passage or outlet
- Make the opening move
- Afford access to
- Display the contents of a file or start an application as on a computer
- Affording unobstructed entrance and exit; not shut or closed
- Affording free passage or access
- With no protection or shield
- Open to or in view of all
- Used of mouth or eyes
- Not having been filled
- Accessible to all
- Not defended or capable of being defended
- (of textures) full of small openings or gaps
- Having no protecting cover or enclosure
- (set theory) of an interval that contains neither of its endpoints
- Not brought to a conclusion; subject to further thought
- Not sealed or having been unsealed
- Without undue constriction as from e.g. tenseness or inhibition
- Ready or willing to receive favorably
- Open and observable; not secret or hidden
- Not requiring union membership
- Possibly accepting or permitting
- Affording free passage or view
- Openly straightforward and direct without reserve or secretiveness
- Ready for business
- A clear or unobstructed space or expanse of land or water
- Where the air is unconfined
- A tournament in which both professionals and amateurs may play
- Information that has become public
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in open?
3 Anagrams of Open
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to open:
There are 10 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'open'.