Is key a Scrabble word?
Yes, key is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 10 points in Scrabble, and 9 points in Words with Friends
Key is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
21 definitions of the word key.
- Identify as in botany or biology, for example
- Provide with a key
- Vandalize a car by scratching the sides with a key
- Regulate the musical pitch of
- Harmonize with or adjust to
- Serving as an essential component
- Metal device shaped in such a way that when it is inserted into the appropriate lock the lock's mechanism can be rotated
- Something crucial for explaining
- Pitch of the voice
- Any of 24 major or minor diatonic scales that provide the tonal framework for a piece of music
- A kilogram of a narcotic drug
- A winged often one-seed indehiscent fruit as of the ash or elm or maple
- United States lawyer and poet who wrote a poem after witnessing the British attack on Baltimore during the War of 1812; the poem was later set to music and entitled `The Star-Spangled Banner' (1779-1843)
- A coral reef off the southern coast of Florida
- (basketball) a space (including the foul line) in front of the basket at each end of a basketball court; usually painted a different color from the rest of the court
- A list of answers to a test
- A list of words or phrases that explain symbols or abbreviations
- A generic term for any device whose possession entitles the holder to a means of access
- Mechanical device used to wind another device that is driven by a spring (as a clock)
- The central building block at the top of an arch or vault
- A lever (as in a keyboard) that actuates a mechanism when depressed
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in key?
1 Anagram of Key
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to key:
There are 8 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'key'.