Is colony a Scrabble word?
Yes, colony is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 11 points in Scrabble, and 13 points in Words with Friends
Colony is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
6 definitions of the word colony.
- A body of people who settle far from home but maintain ties with their homeland; inhabitants remain nationals of their home state but are not literally under the home state's system of government
- A group of organisms of the same type living or growing together
- One of the 13 British colonies that formed the original states of the United States
- A place where a group of people with the same interest or occupation are concentrated
- A geographical area politically controlled by a distant country
- (microbiology) a group of organisms grown from a single parent cell