Is pound a Scrabble word?
Yes, pound is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 8 points in Scrabble, and 11 points in Words with Friends
Pound is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
22 definitions of the word pound.
- Hit hard with the hand, fist, or some heavy instrument
- Strike or drive against with a heavy impact
- Move heavily or clumsily
- Move rhythmically
- Partition off into compartments
- Shut up or confine in any enclosure or within any bounds or limits
- Place or shut up in a pound
- Break down and crush by beating, as with a pestle
- 16 ounces avoirdupois
- The basic unit of money in Great Britain and Northern Ireland; equal to 100 pence
- A unit of apothecary weight equal to 12 ounces troy
- The basic unit of money in Syria; equal to 100 piasters
- The basic unit of money in the Sudan; equal to 100 piasters
- The basic unit of money in Lebanon; equal to 100 piasters
- Formerly the basic unit of money in Ireland; equal to 100 pence
- The basic unit of money in Egypt; equal to 100 piasters
- The basic unit of money in Cyprus; equal to 100 cents
- A nontechnical unit of force equal to the mass of 1 pound with an acceleration of free fall equal to 32 feet/sec/sec
- United States writer who lived in Europe; strongly influenced the development of modern literature (1885-1972)
- A symbol for a unit of currency (especially for the pound sterling in Great Britain)
- A public enclosure for stray or unlicensed dogs
- The act of pounding (delivering repeated heavy blows)
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in pound?
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to pound:
There are 2 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'pound'.