Is bit a Scrabble word?
Yes, bit is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 5 points in Scrabble, and 6 points in Words with Friends
Bit is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
15 definitions of the word bit.
- To grip, cut off, or tear with or as if with the teeth or jaws
- Cause a sharp or stinging pain or discomfort
- Penetrate or cut, as with a knife
- Deliver a sting to
- A small piece or quantity of something
- A small fragment of something broken off from the whole
- An indefinitely short time
- An instance of some kind
- Piece of metal held in horse's mouth by reins and used to control the horse while riding
- A unit of measurement of information (from binary + digit); the amount of information in a system having two equiprobable states
- A small amount of solid food; a mouthful
- A small fragment
- A short theatrical performance that is part of a longer program
- The part of a key that enters a lock and lifts the tumblers
- The cutting part of a drill; usually pointed and threaded and is replaceable in a brace or bitstock or drill press
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in bit?
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to bit:
There are 7 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'bit'.