Is better a Scrabble word?
Yes, better is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 8 points in Scrabble, and 9 points in Words with Friends
Better is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
50 definitions of the word better.
- Comparative of `well'; in a better or more excellent manner or more advantageously or attractively or to a greater degree etc.
- From a position of superiority or authority
- (often used as a combining form) in a good or proper or satisfactory manner or to a high standard (`good' is a nonstandard dialectal variant for `well')
- Thoroughly or completely; fully; often used as a combining form
- Indicating high probability; in all likelihood
- (used for emphasis or as an intensifier) entirely or fully
- To a suitable or appropriate extent or degree
- Favorably; with approval
- To a great extent or degree
- With great or especially intimate knowledge
- With prudence or propriety
- With skill or in a pleasing manner
- In a manner affording benefit or advantage
- In financial comfort
- Without unusual distress or resentment; with good humor
- Surpass in excellence
- To make better
- Get better
- (comparative of `good') superior to another (of the same class or set or kind) in excellence or quality or desirability or suitability; more highly skilled than another
- (comparative of `good') changed for the better in health or fitness
- (comparative and superlative of `well') wiser or more advantageous and hence advisable
- More than half
- Having desirable or positive qualities especially those suitable for a thing specified
- Having the normally expected amount
- Morally admirable
- Deserving of esteem and respect
- Promoting or enhancing well-being
- Agreeable or pleasing
- Of moral excellence
- Having or showing knowledge and skill and aptitude
- With or in a close or intimate relationship
- Financially sound
- Most suitable or right for a particular purpose
- Resulting favorably
- Exerting force or influence
- Capable of pleasing
- Appealing to the mind
- In excellent physical condition
- Tending to promote physical well-being; beneficial to health
- Not forged
- Not left to spoil
- Generally admired
- In good health especially after having suffered illness or injury; at least I feel well"
- Resulting favorably
- Wise or advantageous and hence advisable
- Something superior in quality or condition or effect
- Someone who bets
- A superior person having claim to precedence
- The superior one of two alternatives
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in better?
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to better:
There are 3 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'better'.