Is er a Scrabble word?
Yes, er is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 2 points in Scrabble, and 2 points in Words with Friends
Er is a valid Scrabble word.
See the definition of er and examples of how er is used here.
Table of Contents
"Er" means a lot of things. It's an abbreviation for Emergency Room. It's the symbol for erbium, which is a metal you've probably never heard of (it's soft and shiny with a silvery-rose colored sheen). It's also a suffix used on the end of a lot of better words, like "computer" or "dinner." However, none of those meanings really apply in Scrabble. As a word, "er" basically just expresses hesitation or uncertainty. It's a way to correct yourself when you've said something incorrect or rude. And it's a quick way to use some of the most popular Scrabble tiles for a few extra points. If you play the word strategically, you might capitalize on someone else's word placement, too.
If you've read the Harry Potter series, you've probably noticed "er" a lot. JK Rowling (the author) seems to like it.
Examples of "er" in a sentence:
- "I'm definitely taking your car to the movies - er, if that's okay with you."
- "Er, do you mind if we take a shortcut? I know a back road that's faster, and it takes us right by the Dairy Queen."
- "Er'Petunia, dear'you haven't heard from your sister lately, have you?"
2 definitions of the word er.
- A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group; occurs with yttrium
- A room in a hospital or clinic staffed and equipped to provide emergency care to persons requiring immediate medical treatment
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in er?
1 Anagram of Er
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to er:
There are 20 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'er'.