Is twist a Scrabble word?
Yes, twist is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 8 points in Scrabble, and 8 points in Words with Friends
Twist is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
Dictionary definitions of the word twist
The meaning of twist
23 definitions of the word twist.
- To move in a twisting or contorted motion, (especially when struggling)
- Cause (a plastic object) to assume a crooked or angular form
- Turn in the opposite direction
- Form into a spiral shape
- Form into twists
- Extend in curves and turns
- Do the twist
- Twist or pull violently or suddenly, especially so as to remove (something) from that to which it is attached or from where it originates
- Practice sophistry; change the meaning of or be vague about in order to mislead or deceive
- Twist suddenly so as to sprain
- An unforeseen development
- An interpretation of a text or action
- Any clever maneuver
- The act of rotating rapidly
- A sharp strain on muscles or ligaments
- A sharp bend in a line produced when a line having a loop is pulled tight
- A circular segment of a curve
- A miniature whirlpool or whirlwind resulting when the current of a fluid doubles back on itself
- A jerky pulling movement
- A hairdo formed by braiding or twisting the hair
- Social dancing in which couples vigorously twist their hips and arms in time to the music; was popular in the 1960s
- The act of winding or twisting
- Turning or twisting around (in place)
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in twist?
5 Letter Words
1 Anagram of Twist
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to twist:
Unscramble the letters in twist
There are 2 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'twist'.