Is ki a Scrabble word?
Yes, ki is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 6 points in Scrabble, and 6 points in Words with Friends
Ki is a valid Scrabble word.
See the definition of ki and examples of how ki is used here.
Table of Contents
Ki is a variant of the word "qi," which has Chinese origins. The Japanese more commonly use the word "ki", but its meaning is essentially the same as "qi."
It refers to the life force-or psychic energy-that flows through every living thing, according to Chinese philosophy. A balanced ki is the foundation of good health. Ki is a common term in Eastern medicine (aka Chinese medicine).
The goal of acupuncture and acupressure is to balance the patient's ki by helping energy flow freely throughout the body. Blocked energy-or unbalanced ki—leads to poor health, low immunity and general malaise.
Basically, if you have any ailment, disease or strange body ache, you can blame it on your ki.
It's pronounced like the word "key."
Examples of Ki in a Sentence:
- I need to make an appointment with the acupuncturist because my ki is out of whack.
- I'm not sure if my arthritis is flaring or my ki is out of balance again.
- Is it hot in here? My ki feels off.
2 definitions of the word ki.
- The circulating life energy that in Chinese philosophy is thought to be inherent in all things; in traditional Chinese medicine the balance of negative and positive forms in the body is believed to be essential for good health
- Goddess personifying earth; counterpart of Akkadian Aruru
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to ki:
There are 11 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'ki'.